is well known from "The Description of Széklerland” written by Orbán
Balázs that during the principality of Zsigmond János the half of the
inhabitants converted to the Unitarian faith and at that time the
Unitarians had a "decorative college" opposite the Teleki Library at
the corner of Fazekas Street (today Borsos Tamás). Regrettably these
buildings were devastated by Mihály voivode and by the mercenary army
of Habsburg general Basta and thus there is no written evidence left.
Simultaneously, as a consequence of the forcefulpropagation of faith,
the Unitarian denomination almost ceased to exist in our town. A slow
change followed only one and a half century later, in themiddle of
the19 th century. Since the Unitarians gradually increased in
number,the greatest mentions some160 souls. It is also him whoput down
the following: On the ground-plot in Fazekas Street, its two corners
looking onto the street is rising thatlovely chapel built within a few
months by the devoted in 1869. This small building still stands but for
nearly 70 years hasn't been used as a chapella ho of prayer.
With the moving's in the member of Unitarian increased so rapidly that
the building a serious church could not be delayed anymore. A church
with a beautiful fronting in neo-gothic style was built within 11
months with the utmost dispatch in 1929/1930.